This process showed me that there is a real cycle to how I work:
2. Ideas evolve into sketches that fill my sketch book
3. Sketches turn into finished pieces as I paint them digitally
4. Final art is put into branded pdf that will be submitted
5. Research markets to submit new art, existing art
7. Wait, fingers crossed
8. Follow-up to see if anything is worth pursuing
9. If yes, do more work to try and secure license
10. If no, either loop back to items 1 and 2, or jump to item 5.
I can't say that I started out with this cycle or whether it just happened as a natural progression. The real positive to me is that identifying the process will help me going forward to create better systems for tracking the work, and where I am with it. I realize that as I have more successes the process will need to be more organized so that I can evaluate what pieces are working, and where they have been, and where they have yet to go.