Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween


I LOVE Halloween. It is one of my favorite holidays. I love candy, and I love the thought that kids dress up in costumes, roam the neighborhoods and get to ask for candy. I mean how cool is that? A celebration of creativity, and of sugar. Two of my favorite things. If it was to knock on doors and ask for baked goods, it would be perfect! So in honor of this wonderful holiday I am trying to crank through my next cupcake, a halloween cupcake. It is stripey, and orange and shades of neutral black/chocolate. I just want to work on it all day long, but alas I have a family AND I have costumes to make. Because along with my love of Halloween comes a fanatical obsession with making kick ass costumes. And yes, my kids can request anything and I will labor for months to achieve the quality of costume that has become legend in our neighborhood. I have successfully created Godzilla and baby Godzilla, Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, The Thing, Daredevil, 4 jedi's, Yoda and this year I have Darth Maul and a Jawa. Complete with glowing red eyes. Yes I have some sewing to do. But this year is easy compared to Godzilla. 

All hail Halloween, sweet, sweet halloween.

No comments: